**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Entwined by Kristen Callihan

This story was unexpectedly sweet.  The story is about Eamon and Lu, two young people living in the early 1800s. Lu was promised for marriage to Aidan, Eamon's older brother, to pay for her father's dept. Fate has other plans in mind though!

I loved how filled with romance this novella turned out to be. Eamon writes to Lu, impersonating his brother, and over the years they fall madly in love with each other, despite their initial rebuttal. I loved their wits and sweetness and I couldn't help but root for Eamon when Lu finally came to his manor to marry his brother. Both have very big secrets, and even though it could've been handled better, I command them for their strength of character.

Even though it's pretty obvious that Eamon and Lu will end up together somehow, the road was eventful and some-what surprising. Especially for such a short story.

We don't really know how this story relates to the Darkest London books until the very end, and I was definitely shocked by the revelation.

Not having read Shadowdance yet I can't tell you how necessary it is to read the story before the fourth book of the series, but I feel like it's more extra material than mandatory one. Nonetheless, it's a nice and quick read and I see no reason for you not to read it!

tynga

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I really liked this one too! I found it surprisingly well-rounded for a novella and I love Callihan's writing. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how sweet this story was. The letters were so adorable haha. It definitely left smiling. I'm glad there's something to tide us over until Shadowdance! Great review (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cyn! I def. cant wait for book 4 :)

    ReplyDelete