**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stacking the Shelves [65]

STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Guidelines:

  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!

  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!

  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.

  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!

  • Visit other participants link to find out what they added to their shelves!

If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!

------------------

Hello, everyone! Once again it's been over a month since my last post so it's going to look like I have no self control but I do, I promise! I've been lucky enough to get a stack of physical and e-ARCs, but I've kept my purchasing down for now. Summer is full of good books, though, so I think that this frugality won't last too long.

There were some great surprises in my mailbox in the past week like a hardcopy of CARNIEPUNK -- I have no idea how that made its way to me but I'm tremendously grateful -- and I'm really jazzed to break into KINSLAYER, which just showed up the other day thanks to the gracious folks at St. Martin's. Really though, I'm quite excited about most of these books and am now faced with the oh so dreadful task of choosing what to read. I'm currently participating in Goldilox and the Three Weres' Netgalley Knockout because it was awesomely helpful so I'm actually going to try to hold off on my purchased books so that I can knock out some of the e-galleys I've been sitting on. (If you want to see how terrible I am, feel free to check out my kick-off post. And then brace yourselves for disappointment...)

Anyhoo, I've talked your faces off again so I'll get to my books. As usual, e-books are marked with an asterisk (*). Please remember to add your links to the Mr. Linky at the end!

For Review:

The Monsters in Your Neighborhood by Jesse Petersen Elysian Fields by Suzanne Johnson Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff THe Red Queen Dies by Frankie Y. Bailey Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
Carniepunk anthology
The Red Queen Dies by Frankie Y. Bailey*
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken*
Never Deal with Dragons by Lorenda Christensen*
Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep
The Truth About Weres by Leigh Evans
Elysian Fields by Suzanne Johnson*
Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff
My Lady Quicksilver by Bec McMaster*
The Monsters in Your Neighborhood by Jesse Petersen*
Three by Jay Posey*
On Pins and Needles by Yolanda Sfetsos*
Bite Me by P.J. Schnyder*
Disenchanted & Co., Part 1: Her Ladyship’s Curse by Lynn Viehl*

Promotional Gift:

The Last Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff (from the publisher for preordering KINSLAYER!)

Bought:

Fiery Edge of Steel by Jill Archer Fire & Frost by Carolyn Crane, Jill Archer and Meljean Broo Hunted by Kevin Hearne
Fiery Edge of Steel by Jill Archer*
Fire & Frost by Carolyn Crane, Jill Archer and Meljean Brook*
Hunted by Kevin Hearne

So, what did YOU add to your shelves this week?






Jenn

Born and raised in the Toronto area, Jenn moved to St. John's, Newfoundland, eight years ago for school. She's still in school (thankfully on another degree!), now trapped in her dissertation. When she's not dissertating, which happens more often than it should, Jenn spends her time reading, watching movies, playing volleyball, travelling, and enjoying the local music scene. Her latest addictions: yoga and Almond Crunch cereal.

19 People left their mark' :

  1. Very nice Jenn. I didn't get a lot this week, but I did get one book that I'm so happy about.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul Jenn! Hope that you enjoy your books! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jenn! What an AWESOME haul!! I'm only interested in the printed books, though, since I don't like reading e-books at all...
    But ALL the covers are stunning! I wonder if any of the e-books are also available in print... I'm going to check, especially for "Fire and Frost"!!

    Happy reading, and have a GREAT weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The authors of Fire & Frost have another anthology from last year (I think) and they'll be releasing the stories from both anthologies as a print book under a different title. I can't remember what it is but I heard about in on Meljean Brook's website.

      Delete
  4. Hello , I am currently reading Hunted by Kevin Hearne . I'm loving it so far. I love the cover of The Last Stormdancer. Always meaning to pick it up but never do :/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover for Kinslayer, but haven't read the first book. I have Darkest Minds checked out from the library, but haven't gotten to it yet. I've heard great things. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Hunted and I have to go look up Fire and Frost. I love Meljean Brook's Iron Duke. Is this another novella in that universe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elysian Fields, The Fiery Edge of Steel, and Hunted are all books I'm going to have to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I'm excited for Never Fade and Kinslayer. Hope you enjoy them!

    Ems
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Never Fade last week too and I'm super excited to read it! I adored the first book!
    Unfortunately, Stormdancer wasn't the book for me, but I hope you enjoy the sequel! :)
    Enjoy your books and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week most of my books came from Netgalley. Love your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh nice! I still need to read Hunted myself! Hope you enjoy all these!

    My STS will be up tomorrow so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some good books. :)

    Good luck with your NetGalley challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some awesome books!! I am trying to decide what to read next too! If I should finish up a few series (like castor chronicles or Starcrossed series) or if I should start another one!

    Happy Reading ^_^

    Dee @ Dee's Reads MY STS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some great books you've grabbed this week, I hope you enjoy them :)

    My haul
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh Kinslayer! I really need to start that series, heard such good things about Stormdancer. Hope you enjoy your books and have a lovely week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful covers! I'm totally excited for Kinslayer! Happy reading week!

    Jessica @ Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul! I keep seeing that Carniepunk Anthology and I am really getting excited about it. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    My STS


    ReplyDelete