**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3)

Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

Book Stats:
Reading level: Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Mass Market Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Berkley
Release date: September 4, 2007

Series: Psy-Changeling #3

Source: Library

Reviewed by: Tynga

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository 

Nalini Singh explores new heights of sensuality, returning to the world of the Psy - where two people who know evil intimately must unlock the good within their icy hearts...

As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now he is a defector, and his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins - cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna...

Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted - and had her mind violated - by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives...

Brenna and Judd couldn’t be any more different. He, an ex sanctioned and trained psy killer, she, victim of a psycho psy serial killer. She shouldn’t attracted to him, he is dangerous and could very well be the end of her, especially since he is a Tk psy, same as her attacker. And he shouldn’t feel anything period. Not for her, not for anybody else either, the control of his abilities is at stake. Then how come they can’t seem to stay apart?

I must confess, I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of Judd’s story because he never really touched me in the previous books, but I have to say, he has really grown on me! He has a lot more to offer than even he knows and Brenna has a way to drag the tiniest bit of emotions out of him.  She used to be a sweet and lovely girl but after her abduction and mind rape she isn’t the same. She refuses to be sheltered and won’t take no for an answer. I loved that despite everything she was strong and determined and her stubbornness felt different than your typical badass heroine because she’s been to hell and back. Their relationship felt real and tangible because their passion was slow boiling, not rushed, and culminated at just the right moment. I truly enjoyed it.

While the romance was the main interest, the action part of the plot also kept me involved. The wolf pack is under attack from inside and out. They have a killer in their midst, and they have to discover him before he gets to Brenna. There’s also an unknown party trying to turn the different changeling packs against each other. While I never believed those attempts would succeed, I have to mention how original the attacks were. I also liked Judd’s personal vendetta and I hope we discover more about this side plot in the following books.

After reading book two I was hoping for a pairing that wouldn’t be female psy with male changeling and I was pleased to have a male spy and female changeling duo. It felt very different because while the female psy were lenient to their emotions, Judd was completely opposed to it. He reacted very differently and I was glad for this new perspective.

I really enjoyed this novel and the conclusion felt right. I was glad Judd and Brenna found an original solution to work-out their issues and I’m anxious to know more about Protocol I and the psy-changeling issues. I was late to join this series but I strongly urge you to give it a try. I can’t get enough!

Read an excerpt

tynsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

5 People left their mark' :

  1. What a series!!! And it only gets better and better...where will she take us when this series ends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! Please follow mine, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually loved this book, it's one of my favorites in this series, we can clearly see they belong together, but Judd needed to handle his power first. And he has such control. Wow! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Heart of obsidian, and now you make me want to reread this one. Glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this series so much! I'm glad I've come to the party late because it means I can devour loads of books without a long wait between them LOL

    ReplyDelete