**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [163]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————




Robert's Book


So, I managed to pick up a few titles recently.  Once again, I have chosen from the old, the new and the obscure.  There is something special about picking up a book that isn't part of the well-worn path that some commercially successful books seem to occupy.


I look forward to Dark Decent by Jenna Black as well as Claimed by Evangeline Anderson.  They both show the promise of the strong female central character that is being employed more and more, lately.  I hope to let you know my thoughts on these two later.


I've already let you know my thoughts on Awoken by Sarah Noffke and The Fold by Peter Clines.  Two very different books that I believe can do well together on any discerning readers shelf.


My two really odd-ball bookends (so to speak), have an even greater difference but, both seem a bit  obscure if only for appearing on my shelf.  The Dark Tea Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams is another book I may expound more on later.  Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen was the first book of her I've read.  I was expecting it to be a bit more like Downton Abbey than it is but, I still enjoyed it very much.


So, there's most of my eclectic foray into reading recently.  So, please, let us know, what strange bedfellows have you placed together on your shelves?


Roberts Signature



[inlinkz_linkup id=535224]



Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

21 People left their mark' :

  1. Hmmmm...I've never heard of these books before but Dark Descendant intrigues me! I've never read a book by Jenna Black but I've had my eye on her Faeriewalker trilogy for quite some time. Lovely haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northanger Abbey looks like a good book. I might read it as my first Jane Austen novel as well. I really need to read one her books, but I rather not read Pride and Prejudice because I feel it is over hyped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stack you have this week. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I loved The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. I need to reread it, it's been a long time. I was looking at The Fold in the store the other day. Enjoy your books! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me curious about The Fold. Can't go wrong with any of Jane Austen. Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like finding obscure books as well. Makes you feel like you are accomplishing something. I hope you love all your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Jane Austen. You might want to check out one of the spin-offs. Some of them are hoots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am curious about The Fold...enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh nice! I enjoyed Black Descendant! It was a great little series and Jenna plans to have the final book come out next year! So excited!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep meaning to try Northanger Abbey. Now that we are almost 1/2 way through 2015 I've started thinking about reading goals for next year, especially since I have ARCs scheduled through January. I'm going to make a list of 10 or 20 books I definitely want to read for 2016 that have been on my TBR for more than 2 years. I'm sure there will be a challenge for something like that, or I can start my own. Thanks for hosting STS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked Northanger Abbey. It's one of those books that you have to take into consideration not only the time of the setting but, the time of time it was written. It's like really stepping back into a simpler time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Michele. If you like Crichton, you'll like The Fold. His style is different but, the genre is definitely the same. I'm glad that it's not a cookie cutter copy. It's more like, picking up the torch since Michael Crichton's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't say much more about The Fold than what I said here:
    http://tyngasreviews.com/2015/06/the-fold-a-novel-by-peter-clines.html

    I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Grace. Nothing better than finding hidden treasures and sharing them with friends. I thinks that's why I like STS and posting reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Satisfy that curiosity, Laurel-Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Laquesha. I look forward to Dark Descendent, myself. I chose a different title to start off with and have found it to be very different indeed. More to come on that score!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Elizabeth. Northanger Abbey is a light enough book that you may be able to squeeze it in you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't heard of any of these, but I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Dirk Gently books by Douglas Adams. I always thought they were appreciated and overshadowed by the Hitchhiker's Guide. I just recently picked them up in Kindle so I'm looking forward to reading them again. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've got some nice looking books. I wouldn't mind a couple of them myself. :-) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Even though I liked Claimed, I got to the third book in the series and sort of teetered off. I think there are like 11 or 12 of them now.

    ReplyDelete