**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I've been sitting on this review for a while. And by that, I mean since the day after this book came out. It's hard to say good-bye to a beloved series, especially one with a love triangle that makes you so attached to both sides. I dreaded reading this book because I knew that one of my two favorite love interests ever would have to lose the fight, and I didn't want that to happen.

Because of this, this review is going to be slightly different than my usual ones. It's hard to sit here and analyze the characters because they're all amazing and awesome. Will is just as passionate and fiery as ever. And Jem is never short of superb. Together, the two of them plus Tessa literally cause you emotional trauma with this book. I'm telling you, read at your own risk. Break out the tissues and bottle up all of your emotions because they'll explode with this one. While I've struggled with recent installments in Clare's Mortal Instruments series, she's held me captive with this one and has even turned it into a favorite of mine. And for that, I have to admit, I'm very happy she took advantage of our emotions and connections to the characters to take us on one last roller coaster ride. The character growth in this one because of the do-or-die decisions they had to face was extremely well done.

But what I want to focus on is the ending. Who doesn't, really? I have to say that I'm very satisfied. I seriously dropped the book and gaped like a fish and shed a few tears in those moments leading up to the end. It broke my heart into pieces and then put it back together. I have to say that it's both lovey-dovey and hurtful. It's sort of perfect. It's not an extreme happily ever after, but it has remnants of it. While I can see some readers hating it, I can see others loving it. I just considered it to be rather perfect regardless of whatever team I'm on. Hell, regardless of your team I guarantee that this ending will be satisfactory.

With that being said, the ending did leave me with one major question. There's this huge revelation with a character that shall not be named and when asked what exactly happened we got one of those responses that said he'd tell us later. Of course, since this is the last book, we can't find that out. Which means that Clare is most likely writing another series after this. And while my curiosity is extreme in this one regard, I won't be continuing onto that series. I love these characters and I don't want to see them overused to the point of annoyance. Instead, I'll just sit here and stew that she threw perhaps one of the biggest plot twists ever my way and didn't bother to explain it, instead optioning to take the easy way out. That, my dear friends, is one of my very few issues with this book.

In the end, I say give it a try. I have enjoyed this series more than her Mortal Instruments series. While littered with cliches and not consisting of complex writing, it is very easy to connect to the characters, overall super enjoyable, and it's a great ride. Definitely my favorite piece of Clare's work thus far.

lilisig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

1 Person left their mark:

  1. I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series, yet, so I'd decided to start with this one. I've done the same as you; I've had the book for some time and haven't started reading it because I knew it was the end. It's been harder and harder to put off reading it, so I think I'll be picking it up very soon!

    ReplyDelete