I am over the moon about this week's guest because I love, love, love her books! Amanda Carlson leapt onto my radar last year when she debuted with FULL BLOODED, a fantastic urban fantasy about Jessica McClain and the world she lives in, which is full of sexy werewolves, awesome plotting, and fast-paced action. Jess becomes the only female werewolf in FULL BLOODED and Amanda's upcoming release, HOT BLOODED, continues Jessica's rollercoaster of a new life. And before you say, "Shades of Kelley Armstrong," let me promise you that the concepts may be similar but each author has her own unique and excellent writing style and worlds, and that you will love getting acquainted with Ms. McClain. You'll also love getting to know Amanda, as you find out what she does when she's not writing!
When I’m not writing I love to do a lot of things, but I thought it would be fun to do a Top 10 of my most favorite non-writing activities.
Top 10 Things I love to do when I’m not writing:
10. Eat a popsicle. This is one of my favorite mini-breaks. On a hot summer day, there’s nothing better than taking a work break with a popsicle.
9. Read my US Weekly magazine. I’ve been a subscriber since 1998. Yes, I said 1998. Love to get lost in the trash.
8. Go on a walk with my pals. Minneapolis has many lakes with walking paths and it’s so fun to get out when the weather is nice. Recently I’ve been doing research for COLD BLOODED around the lakes and it’s been awesome.
7. Go out for a sushi lunch. I love sushi. Lunch is great in general, but sushi lunch is my favorite. Gets me out of the house.
6. Play a game of Scrabble, and more recently, Words With Friends. I love this distraction! Gets me out of my head for a few minutes, enough to clear my mind and get back to work.
5. Go to my daughter’s hockey games. This is one of my favorite ways to take a break. Seeing those girls kickass on the rink is the best. I’m a true hockey fan.
4. Read a great book. My most recent faves are: Amanda Bonilla, Julie Ann Walker, Kristen Callihan and Darynda Jones.
3. Go on a date night with my man. This really should be 1-10. I love hanging out with him and it’s even better when we get out of the house together. Twenty years together this fall and it’s still fun every time.
2. Take a hot bubble bath. I love the tub and when I take a bath, it’s a true “at home” break. Can’t bring the computer into the tub, so it’s all about relaxation. I live in MN, so the bath is also a great place for me to thaw out my fingertips on a cold winter day.
1. Go to the MOVIES! I love, love the movies. A great movie is worth all the money in the world and is truly a great escape for a writer. Some of my faves are: Django Unchained, Zombieland, Get Him to the Greek, This Means War and Despicable Me.
Thanks for having me on the blog today! HOT BLOODED releases on April 23rd and I’m so excited to share it with the world.
Thanks for stopping by, Amanda, and sharing your Top 10 list!
Here's the scoop on HOT BLOODED:
It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain.
Her newly found mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge, and Jessica is positive she can save him.
But being the only female werewolf in town comes with its own set of rules and powers... if only she understood them.
Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.
The second novel in the Jessica McClain series is a full on action adventure featuring one angry Goddess and plenty of monsters, demons, and a few newly risen beasties...
Click on the cover for my thoughts on BLOODED (the prequel e-novella) and FULL BLOODED (the first book in the series):
Do you guys have suggestions for who you’d like to see featured on the blog? If so, you can make your suggestions on this page. No guarantees that your favorite authors will be able to participate but we’ll try!
Authors, would you like to visit and share with us? Please email me at jennblogs (at) gmail (dot) com and we’ll set it up!