**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

"When I'm not writing" with Talia Vance

Talia Vance Our first "When I'm not writing..." guest post of April comes from Talia Vance. You might know her for her Bandia novels SILVER and GOLD, which are based in Celtic mythology, but she's also the author of the upcoming SPIES & PREJUDICE, the first book in her new series from Egmont. Lili is a fan of Talia's writing (you can read her thoughts on SILVER here) SPIES & PREJUDICE is on Lili's wish list so we're excited to be hosting her today. Plus, I'm sure it's on some of your wish lists as well!

Welcome, Talia!

WINW_logo

When I’m not writing, I’m usually- wait for it-

Writing.

I spend my weekdays practicing law as a litigation attorney. It involves a lot of research and writing, and its own brand of story-telling.

My weekends are largely devoted to fiction, so even when I’m not writing novels, I’m usually investing my time in things that are writing related, like writing blogs, hanging out with other writers, going to conferences, reading, and researching book ideas.

My day usually starts here:

Talia Vance 1

I have a puppy named Huckleberry:

Talia Vance 2

Okay, he’s not so little anymore:

Talia Vance 3

I enjoy hanging out with writer and blogger friends:

Talia Vance 4

I love celebrating my friend’s writing successes:

Talia Vance 5

With Veronica Rossi, Bret Ballou and Donna Cooner for the Launch of Donna’s debut, SKINNY.

Talia Vance 6

Celebrating the Launch of Under the Never Sky with Katherine Longshore (GILT), Donna Cooner (SKINNY) and Veronica Rossi (UNDER THE NEVER SKY).

Talia Vance 7

At the launch of GILT by Katherine Longshore with Veronica Rossi, Donna Cooner, Bret Ballou and Katherine Longshore.

I never ever, ever get tired of talking about books:

Talia Vance 8

At Bay Books with Katherine Longshore, Veronica Rossi and Corrine Jackson (IF I LIE)

And I love spotting my book in the wild:

Talia Vance 9

I also love to travel. Most recently, I spent six days in New York exploring locations for a new project:

Talia Vance 10

But mostly, I love writing!

Talia Vance 11

---------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by, Talia!

For more information about Talia and her books, check out her website or follow her on Twitter.

---------------------------------

Here's the scoop on SPIES & PREJUDICE:

Spies & Prejudice by Talia VanceFields' Rule #1: Don't fall for the enemy.

Berry Fields is not looking for a boyfriend. She's busy trailing cheaters and liars in her job as a private investigator, collecting evidence of the affairs she's sure all men commit. And thanks to a pepper spray incident during an eighth grade game of spin the bottle, the guys at her school are not exactly lining up to date her, either.

So when arrogant—and gorgeous—Tanner Halston rolls into town and calls her "nothing amazing," it's no loss for Berry. She'll forget him in no time. She's more concerned with the questions surfacing about her mother's death.

But why does Tanner seem to pop up everywhere in her investigation, always getting in her way? Is he trying to stop her from discovering the truth, or protecting her from an unknown threat? And why can't Berry remember to hate him when he looks into her eyes?

With a playful nod to Jane Austen, Spies and Prejudice will captivate readers as love and espionage collide.

Pre-order: Amazon | Book Depository

And here are Talia's other books. Click on SILVER to read Lili's thoughts!

Silver by Talia Vance Gold by Talia Vance

---------------------------------

Do you guys have suggestions for who you’d like to see featured on the blog? If so, you can make your suggestions on this page. No guarantees that your favorite authors will be able to participate but we’ll try!

Authors, would you like to visit and share with us? Please email me at jennblogs (at) gmail (dot) com and we’ll set it up!

Jenn

Born and raised in the Toronto area, Jenn moved to St. John's, Newfoundland, eight years ago for school. She's still in school (thankfully on another degree!), now trapped in her dissertation. When she's not dissertating, which happens more often than it should, Jenn spends her time reading, watching movies, playing volleyball, travelling, and enjoying the local music scene. Her latest addictions: yoga and Almond Crunch cereal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment