**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Betrayals by Lili St-Crow

Betrayals

" Poor Dru. Her parents are long gone. Her best (okay, only) friend Graves has been bitten by a werwulf. And she just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn't entirely human. Now Dru's strange and handsome savior, Christophe, has her hidden away at a secret Schola for djamphir and wulfen teens. Trouble is, she's the only girl in the place. The really bad news? Dru's killer instinct says that one of her schoolmates wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . ." - Book Cover

Fast-paced, action-packed, full of mystery and hidden secrets, you won't be able to put that book down!
Betrayals is the second engagement in the Strange Angels series and while I liked the first book, I LOVED the second book.
First book ends when Dru gets to the Schola and the second books picks where we left off, Dru is in a Schola full of delinquent djamphir and wulfen teenage boys, and even though Christophe promised she would be safe there, something is wrong.

Teachers won't let her learn fighting tactics, they won't teach her and explain her anything about the whole wulfen/djamphir/suckers/svetocha community and she finds it rather odd.
This book is all about mysteries and lies, secrets from the past and.. betrayals =P

I was really pleased with the characters in that book, Strange Angel kinda fell short for me in that department, but not this time around! Christopher is awesome, even though he isn't present very often he always makes a big impression. The wulfen and djamphir boys also have very interesting personalities, and different opinions and reactions toward Dru. Also Graves grows a lot in that book, he really isn't the skinny goth-boy anymore while Dru loose her tough girl facade to reveal a wounded and scared girl.


I had a very hard time put the book down because you really want to know more, and even after finishing the book I still feel that way. My questions aren't answered and it's killing me!
I want to know what's the entire deal with Christophe, how does he relate to Dru's mom? What's going on within the order? Why is Dru so special? Hopefully Jealousy (June 2010) will answer those questions!

Strange Angels series:
Strange Angel
Betrayals
Jealousy (June 2010)


Book Stats:
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Razorbill (Nov 17 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1595142525
ISBN-13: 978-1595142528


**This Book was sent to me by Penguin Canada for review purpose.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

11 People left their mark' :

  1. I loved Betrayals too! Lili did a FANTASTIC job! I can't wait to read Jealousy!

    So when I visit my fam for Thanksgiving, there's always apple pie - I can see it now - I'm going to be staring at that apple pie, licking my lips thinking about Christophe. YUM YUM!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Now I need my copy to hurry up and get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review! I really want to read this!

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another one I really want to read - LOL how oh how are there so many amazing books out there! :) Awesome review, maybe it's time to buy this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I now want to race out and buy Strange Angels and Betrayals. They sound sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this series looks so good! I've seen them but didn't know anything about them! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this one. Loved Strange Angels and from what people are saying about Betrayals, I think I'm going to like this more. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want to read this so much! I loved SA! Christophe, I think, is what left me wanting more!

    I'm glad to see a good review! Now I'll have to buy it instead of getting it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I loved the first book and can't wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why, but from your review, I'm wondering if this is going to remind me of Vampire Academy. It doesn't really seem like the same kind of book, but there's something about some of the things you say about it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been eye-ing this book for some times. a great book to read!

    ReplyDelete