**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Book Fair Tours: BookExpo America and BookCon 2016

*Post in partnership with Palasso, but it does not alter the information given in this post*


bookfair

I’m going to BookExpo America (BEA) and BookCon 2016! I’ve always wanted to go to a book convention and when Team Tynga’s Reviews was invited to take part in the Book Blogger Conference, which is part of BEA, I jumped at the chance.BEA-LogoThis year BEA is in Chicago, Illinois, from May 11th to 13th, 2016. It happens to be the largest publishing event in North America, but it’s not really for the general public. Those who can attend include authors, librarians, educators, booksellers, retailers, and of course, those in the publishing industry. Luckily for me, bloggers can also attend, since it hosts the BEA Blogger Conference. Along with Gabi Mohrer from BooksaBlog.com, I will be leading one of the 16 roundtables. We will be discussing Memes and Tags, and joining the book blog community in general. I’ve been blogging for more than four years now, so I’m hoping I can relay some of my experience with new and old members of the community, as well as educate myself and renew my passion for book blogging.

book con

BEA is followed by BookCon, which is open to the general public, on May 14th, 2016. This is your chance to geek out and absorb everything book related. I’m ecstatic because so many great authors will be attending this year. Many YA authors will be present, and some that stand out include Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments), Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy), Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles), Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy Series), Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass), Veronica Roth (The Divergent Series) and Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen Series).

This year, both events will be held at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL. I have always wanted to visit the windy city so I will definitely take advantage. If you need an affordable hotel room in Chicago, you can find it at ChicagoHotels.org. They offer a good number of hotels around McCormick Place.

Since I'm a big sports fan, I might take advantage and go see a Chicago Cubs game (the White Sox are away during my stay) or if the Chicago Blackhawks are still in the playoffs, I might splurge and go see a hockey game (although I'm a Habs fan, I am Canadian so hockey is hockey is hockey). Another place I want to check out while I'm in Chicago is POPS for Champagne, a Champagne and sparkling wine bar. I love my bubbly so hopefully I'll have the time for a few glasses. Also, because I'm also a huge science geek, I might check out the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium or Alder Planetarium, which are all near each other and close to McCormick Place. So many things to do, so little time!

If you're planning on going to either of these events, please let me know in the comments! I would love to meet up! Also, I'll be documenting my experience with plenty of photos and memories so make sure to come back and check out my recap post, which will probably be posted sometime mid-May.


See you there!


stephsig moon

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

5 People left their mark' :

  1. That's so exciting! I will be at BEA hopefully, I'm waiting for my district to approve the conference. Not sure yet if I'll go to Bookcon yet! I live in Illinois so it's nice and convenient this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there! It will be my first time at BEA and visiting Chicago so I'm very excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very happy you've scoped out a place to have Champagne, Stéphanie! I'm really looking forward to BEA, and meeting all my fellow bloggers is high up on the list of things I am the most excited about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you'll be going! I'm planning to attend as well. I love Pops for Champagne! If you're going to be in that area, Three Dots and a Dash is a fun tiki bar.

    ReplyDelete