**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, May 08, 2015

Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

What a difficult situation! Sydney has been kidnapped by the Alchemists and sent to re-education. Can Adrian find her before they completely brainwash her? Or will he fall to despair and get back to his old way to cope?

This Bloodlines series is getting more and more intense! Mead really raised the bar when she split them apart, exposing their weaknesses and strengths in turns. I truly loved and respected Sydney's determination to not bend her will, and even though she had to to survive, she still managed to play the system. She's extremely intelligent and resilient and she more than prove it in this novel. As much as I love Adrian, it wasn't so easy for him to stay on the right path. He struggled a lot with his inner demons with his shield (Sydney) gone and he has to work extra hard to find the strength to be the man she needs him to be. I really felt for him in his dark moment, and I totally would've held his hand.

Nina, a moroi we met in the previous installment disappointed me. She allegedly has a crush on Adrian, yet she can't grow a spine and stop him from destroying himself in despair. I wish she'd have been a better friend to him instead of a weak tag-along. On the other hand, Marcus, Eddy and Neil worked really hard to find a way to get Sydney out and I command their effort. I felt particularly bad for Eddy who thinks he failed to protect her, just like he did Mason, in the original Vampire Academy series.

*very slight spoiler ahead* When Sydney and Adrian finally got back together (I mean they had too, right?) it got really intense in a very different way. I loved seeing them fight to avoid the alchemists and how Adrian managed to turn the tides. It was one hell of a conclusion and I NEVER saw it coming. I mean WOW. If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about!

Normally this is the point where I would tell you how I am dying to read the final novel in the series, The Ruby Circle. But truth is, I already read it before I even wrote my review lol I went from this book right next to the following installment. And I do have a lot to tell about this one too in my next review *winks*

If you haven't read Richelle Mead's books yet, I strongly urge you to. Pick a series, any of hers, and you'll be pleased I am sure!

tynsignew

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I love this series as well as the VA series! That ending was so awesome but so intense as well - I kept wanting to pump my fist in the air until you realize that the Alchemists are still after them. A lot of people's reviews said they hated Adrian for giving into all his vices again but I feel like it really shows how he and Sydney need each other and how it forces him to snap himself out of it. He develops quite a bit in this book! Great review!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! And I agree with you about Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I was checking continuously this
    blog and I'm inspired! Extremely useful information specially
    the last part :) I take care of such information a lot.
    I used to be seeking this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this website contains very superb written subject
    material blog posts.

    ReplyDelete