**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [155]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Candide by Voltaire Book CoverAgatha Christie's Death on the Nile Book Cover Dark Heir by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #9)


I went with a couple of the more classical writers this month and wound  up with a selection from Votaire and one from Agatha Christie.  Candide is a very simple yet very strange story.  I wasn't sure whether to take it as allegory, parody or just an oddly written story.  Death on the Nile was a bit more straight forward even though there were twists and turns sufficient for a murder mystery.  I enjoyed the Christie book a bit more but, they are book good reads.


Then my love affair with Miss Jane Yellowrock continued with the latest volume in that series.  The more Jane changes, the more she stays the same.  I have to admit, some of the way I view some characters in the series has shifted a bit with this book.


Now, I ask for a bit of assistance.  I've almost chosen an established series to take up.  I plan to review one volume from the series each month.  I also encourage all the readers to use the comments section not only to remark on that months selection (no spoilers, please) but, also to comment on the series up to that point.  If you've considered but haven't picked up any of those in the poll, now's a good time to have me be your 'to in the water."  If there something you want me to try that's not in the poll, select other. 


[yop_poll id="-3" tr_id="[yop_poll id="4"]


So, what golden oldie or new classic have you chosen for yourself?


Roberts Signature


 [inlinkz_linkup id=516716]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

18 People left their mark' :

  1. Nice haul this week, Robert, I hope you'll have fun with your new books.
    And I totally voted for Codex Alera, I love that series, even if I haven't really written reviews for the books as I read them before I started blogging.
    Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert,
    This is my first time at Stacking the Shelves. You have a good selection here! I voted for Sookie! Loved the TV series but never read the books. Looking forward to that review. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with any Agatha Christie book!! That UF looks good too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with the classics. I voted for The Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter but they are all good choices.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of Faith Hunter's series but it looks like one I would really like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A vote for Kitty Norville here..... it's a great series but you don't often see review of Carrie Vaughn's amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need to start reading Agatha Christie, I have her first book on my kindle. :)

    All those series looked great so I went with one that I would like to start! :) The Kitty Norville series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! Those are new to me reads! I think I tried Jane Yellowrock back when it first started, but it just wasn't for me.

    Also, just to note, the Kitty Norville Series is by Carrie Vaughn. Just wanted to stick in a friendly correction! That's what I voted for! I still need to read the latest book and then the last book in August! EEP!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Murder on the Orient Express is my favorite Agatha Christie. Been meaning to read more of AC's works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silver, leather and big bikes plus witches, vampires and, of course, skinwalkers. What more could anybody want in a story set in New Orleans. I've thoroughly enjoyed the series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A friend has started reading the series and she says it pretty good. For me, Jim Butcher writing something outside of the Dresden Files will be an interesting time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got done binge watching True Bood. I did the same thing with the Dresden Files and became a huge fan of the book series. So, maybe lightning can strike twice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just realized my mistake on the poll: Carrie Vaughn writes Kitty Norville, not Rachel Cain. This is why I shouldn't write strictly from memory. As penance, I will buy a book from each author. Having been exposed to both authors in anthologies is what helped fuel my confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Jessica! It's really embarrassing to make such a mistake with Goodreads.com so available. I've enjoyed short stories from both of these ladies and I guess that's why I confused them. Don't be surprised to see a Rachel Caine review under my name in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Lords of the Underworld looks interesting, Diane. That will definitely be filed away for future consideration if it doesn't get win the poll!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a good series with an awesome strong female main character. It has one of the strong points to a good series in the genre: an origin story that meshes well with known mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I voted for Lords of the Underworld because I'd like to see what you think before I tackle that series. I have read all of the rest except Brandon Sanderson's. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted for the Sookie Series as I love them, and still have to read the final book!

    ReplyDelete