**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dead To You by Lisa McMann

Lisa McMann never disappoints with any of her books and Dead To You is no exception by any means. Dead To You delivers McMann's signature thrills and writing style to create one of the most mind-blowing thrillers I've read lately. Dead To You will mess with your mind, after reading this book you will feel like the world has suddenly shifted off course. Though this book is essentially a lead up to the shocking finale, I was constantly glued to the page and I was dying to find out how everything would end.

The premise of Dead To You is rather simple, but beneath the surface it's a very powerful book that I absolutely loved. Readers should never underestimate McMann because the plotlines in all of her books are superb and multilayered. Ethan was abducted from his home when he was seven and by some miracle, he has made it back to his family. The only problem is that Ethan is reluctant to address his past and that some of his family members feel weary of him. Will Ethan be accepted into his family? What is Ethan hiding?

A good majority of Dead To You follows Ethan trying to readjust to his life at home and to relearn what he has missed in his absence. McMann furtively snuck in foreshadowing elements that I hadn't realized were there, until I reached the incredible ending. It takes a lot to surprise me as a reader, but I'm still in awe of that ending weeks after finishing this book. You will never see this ending coming and for that reason, it's the type of ending that will occupy your mind long after finishing.

I don't want to say much more about Dead To You because this is one of those books that readers will enjoy if they know less about it. Now that I've finished all of McMann's YA novels, I definitely need to move onto her middle-grade series, The Unwanteds because I've been hearing such great things about that series. Dead To You is a solid thriller that will mess with readers' minds from start to finish and McMann's literary talent shines in this one.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

1 Person left their mark:

  1. I haven't read anything from this author before, but this book sounds really good-adding it to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete