**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Stacking The Shelves [110]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


It's been a super long time since I have done one of these, and part of the reason I am doing it is because I finally got books... a lot of books. Why so many, you may ask? Well, I attended BEA for the second time! I've got some awesome haul pictures below, and I'll share my highlights of each haul beneath each photo that signifies each of the 3 BEA days!


  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 4.52.35 PM




  • The entire pile on the left has me freaking out. If I had to pick the top 5 that I was most excited for, in no order, they are THIS SHATTERED WORLD by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner, which is that white spine near the bottom. Also STITCHING SNOW by R.C. Lewis, LIES WE TELL OURSELVES by Robin Tally, LANDLINE by Rainbow Rowell, I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson, and THE JEWEL! Okay...so maybe that was 6, but that entire left pile makes me want to cry sometimes from excitement.


Day 2 Haul




  • I could not get a clear picture of this one for some reason! It was super frustrating! Again, that pile on the left has me freaking out. The number one conquest of BEA was in there and that's HEIR OF FIRE by Sarah J. Maas. Oh, man, I about cried when I got it. Other books in that pile that I was excited for are SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE by Morgan Matson, THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST by Holly Black, EXQUISITE CAPTIVE by Heather Demetrios, BREATHE ANNIE BREATHE by Miranda Kenneally, and ALL LINED UP by Cora Carmack. But really, again, that entire left pile makes me want to bawl from excitement.


Day 3 Haul




  • I am super excited for HOOK'S REVENGE because it's sort of a PETER PAN retelling told from the perspective of Hook's daughter, but THE RETURN by Jennifer L. Armentrout and DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige are two other books that I am freaking out about.


What did you add to your shelves?


lilisig


[inlinkz_linkup id=413418]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

50 People left their mark' :

  1. Wow that is a massive book haul for three days! You'll have a busy summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what to say about your stack except WOW! You've got some books there that I really want. This will keep you busy for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books! You're going to have a great summer. I'm reading Since You've Been Gone (my first Morgan Matson!) and it's perfect. Read that as soon as possible!

    Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color me jealous of heir of fire and mortal! I almost cried when I was declined for them on NG/Edelweiss. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many books and all of them look really great! Have fun reading them! I admire the view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to cry because I missed This Shattered World at BEA. :( I mean, I got a bunch of amazing books, but that one? OMG. I would have loved to grab it. *sigh*

    Fantastic haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Lili, that is an amazing haul! You must be so excited to start reading them all :)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish BEA was closer to me and I had the money to spare to go. :( Enjoy your reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I am truly jelly about all of you who attended BEA, I am definitely interested in the book hauls to see what is coming out this fall, and next year. Glad to see you did well with getting some really good books! Have as great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to hit BEA one of these years, but I am hoping to pick up some interesting titles at the NF Comic Con today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEA was wonderful. You and me got some books in common this week, but it was a great three days. I'm sorry that I didn't manage to see you. So many people. I got the Return as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! for BEA - how I wish to go someday...
    Looking forward to Rainbow Rowell's latest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was denied as well! MORTAL HEART was by complete luck...I sort of stumbled upon it, literally, and could not believe my eyes. I waited on line for three hours for HEIR OF FIRE because it was my #1 priority. lol

    Hey! I grabbed you book two last year and shortly after it's arrival you got book two as well! Keep your eyes open, I'm sure book three is somehow en route to you already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read her yet and my friend is a huge fan of hers, so I'm excited for it because she said this is a really good one to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the plan <3 No sleep for three days in order to have an amazing summer! Worth it, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! And it's my friend's apartment that she let me crash in (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. It'll be in Chicago the year after next! Maybe that's closer to you? I save up a lot of money in order to go, most people do! Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a really positive way to look at things! And you as well!

    There will be some amazing books coming out in the fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely will have the opportunity to one day!

    And it's very adult-ish. I am enjoying it, but it's not at all like her YA and NA

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was absolutely nuts. Especially Saturday, I wanted to run out of there and never look back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh have fun! I've yet to attend Comic Con!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I truly truly am! Thank you and have an awesome weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My friend grabbed it for me! I have no idea where she found it, but she's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow massive book haul! I wish I could have gone to BEA this year but I couldn't. I'm definitely saving up to go next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to go to BEA one year. I do wonder if I could get home after collecting all the books I could.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG.... I'm having a hard time sitting still as I look at your pictures....I'm SO happy for you!! I must confess to a little, no, a LOT of jealousy at the same time....

    You're SO LUCKY to live near BEA!! And how AWESOME to see all those printed books!!! YAY FOR PRINTED BOOKS!!!

    Well, I can't wait to check out all these titles you've mentioned! Enjoy your wonderful haul!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. My STS post link did not show up in my previous comment, so I'll try again....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, something's wrong, so here's the link:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/06/stacking-shelves-36-crescendo-twilight.html?showComment=1402161485285#c7902608743467098517

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on the amazing book haul. You got some really great stuff. I was pretty happy with my stash as well.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OOoh the envy! I decided next year is BEA, not RT! RT was fun, but I really really want to do BEA and don't feel like waiting til 2016 when it's in Chicago like I initially planned! Hope you enjoy ALL those reads! Just wow!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. that would rock my sucks, I sent inquiries to my contacts

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would freak out over those books too, as they look awesome! Love seeing what everyone brought home from BEA! Really looking forward to reading Talon, as I love Julie Kagawa. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a crazy good haul! I guess your summer TBR just got longer. I envy you going to the BEA and all... I hope one of these days I could attend one.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, amazing haul, congrats! I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sounds like you did great at BEA! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Obviously, water must be prevented from coming back mold
    & mildew cleaner at any further date. Life as we know it requires that mold help break up and break down building components.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW So many fantastic books, you shouldn't be stuck for a good book for quite a while yet.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My daughter has read Hook's Revenge - you're in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Since you've been gone is pretty amazing!

    Good luck with all those books! That is a hefty pile! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great BEA haul! So jealous that you managed to get Dorothy Must Die!

    Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You got a lot of great books. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What an amazing haul. Since RT Convention was close and a week prior to BEA, I opted for that instead, but do so love BEA and will probably go back next year. I see so many books on your post that I would love to get my hands on. Enjoy working through the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Jessica,

    I am with you. I was going to wait until 2016 to attend in Chicago since I love that city so much. But everyone's updates has me not wanting to wait. So, I am going to start planning for next year's now.

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW! You got a serious haul there. I really want a couple of those titles. I simply have to go to BEA next year for sure!!! Did you do a full BEA update and I just missed it? Hmmm....I sure hope not. Well, enjoy your haul. It looks simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, that haul will last you the rest of the year nad half of next - if you read the speed that I do, maybe longer! I hope you end up liking all the books, especially the ones you wanted the most. I've never been to BEA and I'm not sure I'll ever go, but it looks like it's a great way to meet the publishers and authors first hand and get the books your really looking forward to the most!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love seeing all these awesome BEA stacks!! So very cool and fun! One of these years I'll make it over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW! So many books. Which will you read first?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Like when you deposit a pokemon, you can only search for those you've already
    encountered in the game world. If you can, actually roll
    up your sleeves, and join them the next time they do their hobby.
    Japanese Pokemon fans received the Mew event just one day after their Yellow Forest Pokewalker Course event ended.

    ReplyDelete
  49. nuclear familyWarehousingtwofive hundred five hundredrevolting disgustingandrevolting disgustingnuclear familyfive hundred five hundredtwonuclear familyrevolting disgustingdistributionrevolting disgusting extended familyisrevolting disgustingtwo five
    hundredextended familyanrevolting disgustingnuclear familytwofive hundred trade
    offering plenty of five hundredopportunitiestwo twofornuclear familyfive
    hundred five hundredtwoextended familydevelopmentextended familytwofive hundred five hundredandrevolting disgustingextended familyfive hundred a great possibility
    for individuals who take pleasure in five hundrednuclear familyworkingfive hundred twowithinextended familyfive hundred five hundredrevolting
    disgustingarevolting disgusting team surroundings.

    ReplyDelete