**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Aces Wild by Amanda Carlson

I really like Amanda's Jessica McClain series so when I discovered this novella I knew I had to read it. Aces Wilds is part of a multi-author series and I don't know how it will play out, but it started strong with this short story and mission accomplished, I'm hooked.

Nevada had to pretty much raise herself because of her absent dad and alcoholic mother and life has been hard for her. She lives a life of violence as a collector of offending paranormals and her life is about to take an abrupt turn. Being paired up for a job is odd, but being paired with Jake is down right ridiculous. They have an history together and it makes for an highly entertaining read. I love how Amanda built this relationship believably with barely over a hundred pages.

Not only the relationship was credible, the characters are magnetic and the plot is addictive. I was hooked to the pages, which is a rare feat for a novella, and I must command miss Carlson.

I really enjoyed the world in which the series is set. The Sin City is colorful and so are the characters. Hints of the next featured heroes were dropped at the end (I satisfying end by the way..) and I can't wait to read the next installment.

I was lucky enough to receive a review copy, but it would've been a well spent 3$. Give it a shot!

tynga

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

1 Person left their mark:

  1. This sounds very good Tynga, adding it to my wishlist! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete