**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Daring You To Read… Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter

0daringyou_thumb[2]

Daring You To Read is a weekly feature here on Tynga’s Reviews where we dare you to read some of our favorite older releases (at least 6 months old). All the books/series we choose to feature are titles we adored and think you should give them a shot! We think it’s a super awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!

You’ve already read the book? Let’s us know what you thought!
You are accepting the dare? We’d love to know!
Have a dare of your own? Leave a comment ^^

This week I decided to go with a paranormal/sci-fi romance. I had heard a lot of great things about Gena Showalter’s Alien Huntress series, but I was reluctant to give it a try because… Aliens? Really? I’m not a sci-fi kind of girl, but Showalter got me hooked on her aliens. I’ve only read Awaken Me Darkly, the first book, so far, but I did acquire the following titles :)

This series reads like a paranormal romance and even though Aliens are the stars, and the technology is slightly different, the whole thing doesn’t feel like Star Trek at all, which for me, is a great thing!

Showalter introduces great characters, original lore and a fabulous tone. I strongly recommend this series to fans of Kresley Cole’s Immortal After Dark series, because even though those series are very different, I felt the same sensual vibe and satisfying experience!

More about Awaken Me Darkly:

Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1)

RIDDING THE WORLD OF EVIL, ONE ALIEN AT A TIME: THAT'S MIA SNOW'S MISSION.

Snow is in the forecast.

In a time and place not too far away, Mia Snow is an alien huntress for the New Chicago Police Department. Heading up her expert team of Alien Investigation and Removal agents, Mia's unmatched at battling the elusive enemy among us, and she's the perfect girl for the job. She's seen her brother die at the hands of aliens. She's earned each of her scars. And she'll die before she cries. Now, a series of killings have Mia and her partner Dallas tracking alien suspects -- but a sudden blast of violence leaves Dallas fighting for his life.

They are ice and fire.

The chance to save Dallas appears in the form of a tall, erotic stranger. An alien. A murder suspect. Kyrin en Arr, of the deadly Arcadian species, holds the power to heal the injured agent but not without a price. For Mia Snow, that price is surrendering to Kyrin's forbidden seduction...and embracing their electric attraction. She's walking a knife's edge, risking her badge and even her life. The closer she gets to Kyrin, the more Mia learns about her own heart, her human needs -- and the shocking secret that will shatter everything she's ever believed.

Read my Review

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository

Following books in the series:

Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien H...Savor Me Slowly (Alien Hunt...Seduce the Darkness (Alien ...Deep Kiss of Winter (Includ...Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien ...Dark Taste of Rapture (Alie...

 

So, will you take the dare?

tynsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

2 People left their mark' :

  1. I have "collected" this series and it's on my bookshelf just waiting for me! I love her LOTU series, so I definitely wanted to read these as well. Not sure when I'll get to them, but hopefully soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read all but the latest book in this series and really enjoyed them. Although I enjoyed Awaken Me Darkly, I don't think it is the best book in the series, and some of the later ones are really good.

    ReplyDelete