This week, I wanted to highlight an amazing series: The Walker Papers by C. E. Murphy. It’s one of the first urban fantasy series I tried and I was instantly hooked. The series is all about Joanne Walker, a police mechanic who discovers she has shamanic powers and has a very limited time to figure out how to use them. The series has a great blend of aboriginal and Celtic mythology, thanks to Joanne’s mixed heritage, and C. E. Murphy’s writing is crisp and captivating. The world building is outstanding and the supporting characters will win you over instantly – Bobby, Gary, and the captain – if the excerpt linked below doesn’t grab you and make you desperate to start reading Urban Shaman.
The seventh book, Raven Calls, is coming out on February 21 and I’m very, very excited to see what happens to Joanne next. But before you read that, you should start at the beginning:
No worries. No pressure. Never mind the lack of sleep, the perplexing new talent for healing herself from fatal wounds, or the cryptic, talking coyote who appears in her dreams.
And if all that's not bad enough, in the three years Joanne's been a cop, she's never seen a dead body—but she's just come across her second in three days.
It's been a bitch of a week.
And it isn't over yet.
The rest of the series:
Want to participate in Daring You To Read? Here’s how:
- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!
Don’t forget to add your own Daring You To Read… post in the linky below.