Clockwork Angel is the first book in a prequel series by Cassandra Clare. She originally wrote the Mortal Instruments a YA fantasy trilogy with descendants of Angel blood, vampires, werewolves, warlocks etc and even though this series is awesome, I prefer its prequel trilogy, happening a 150 years or so before Mortal Instruments. Fear not though, you don’t need to read the original trilogy before you can read Clockwork Angel =)
Is a quote from my Clockwork Angel review ^^
Let me start by saying this book was A-MA-ZING. Cassandra Clare, how can you write such intense, engaging, addictive, and marvelous stories? One of the things that grabbed me in the book is her attention to details. We truly feel like we went back in time. The old London scenery, the vocabulary, proper ladies and gentlemen manners, candle light and horses & carriages: everything to bring you back to the 1800s.
Curious yet? Here’s more info:
Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.
When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother in Victorian England, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld. Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, who are members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she has the power to transform, at will, into another person. The Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.
Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and Will, whose volatile moods keep everyone at arm's length. As their search draws them deep into the plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all. - book cover
Clockwork Prince, the second book in the trilogy released in December and it’s even better than the first one! Click the cover to read my review =)
How to participate?
- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!
Don’t forget to add your own Daring You To Read… post in the linky below.