**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Christmas With… Kelly Meding

Xmas2_thumb1_thumb

I’m very happy to welcome Kelly Meding with us today to celebrate her recent release Trance and her upcoming Wrong Side of Dead in January. Make sure you read along to discover more about her Meta Wars series and an update on her Dreg city series!

---------------------

1- Trance is the first book in the Meta Wars series, how do you think the Dreg City fans will react?

So far, fans seem to be embracing the new series. MetaWars is a very different kind of world from Dreg City, in that all of the "paranormal" aspects are known to the public. The cast is different, and in MetaWars, the narrator of each book will change so we can "meet" all of the different characters. And hopefully readers who first discover me via TRANCE will find my Dreg City books, too.

2- Was it hard for you the create this whole new world?

Yes and no. No, in the sense that I've been working on the MetaWars world for years, and developing it over the course of my earliest writing years.  Yes, in the sense that the copy of TRANCE that went out into the world is pretty different from the first draft, in terms of back story and the origin of the Meta powers. It took a while to really grasp that and to incorporate it into the story in a way that made sense, and that I could use to my advantage story-wise. But I love having a whole new, non-Dreg City world to play in for a while.

3- Wrong Side of Dead is the last book planned in the Dreg City series, are you hoping to write more books in the series?

I would love to write more Dreg City books. I have an ending in mind, and I see the series as ending at book seven. But in the end, it's up to my publisher and whether or not they want more.

4- Can you share with us the top three reason readers should pick up Trance, and no need to convince me I already have my copy *winks*. (time for shameless promotion *g*)

One: superpowers, people! Who hasn't dreamed of being able to fly, or to shoot fireballs at people, or to lift a semi over their head with one hand? 

Two: heart. One of my favorite themes is "the family you make," and my characters are very much a family. They grew up together, they lost each other, and then they found each other again. There is love, there is loss, there is heartache, but they are always a family.

Three: sensitive Beta hero. I have an affinity for the Beta hero, and I think Trance's hero, Gage, fits the bill nicely.

Now onto some Xmas-y questions.

5- What's your very first memory of Christmas as a kid?

Our tree. It was always a big production, putting up the tree. My parents had an artificial one, with lots of little individual branches. My mother would take half a day stringing colorful lights up and down each individual branch. She'd get frustrated and tired, but that tree shined by the time she was done. Then we'd cover it with ornaments, top to bottom, inside and out, and only Mom could hang the really delicate ones on the highest branches. Then we'd douse the entire thing with tinsel/icicles.  I'd sit and stare at that tree for hours, it was so beautiful.

6- Where you the kind of kid to cry while sitting on Santa's knees?

I don't think so. I only vaguely remember meeting Santa a few times, but I don't recall ever being scared of him. I remember mostly wanting to see him and make sure he was real. *grin*

7- What's a typical Christmas like in the Meding family?

Christmas hasn't been typical in a long time, as family members pass and kids get older. But generally we spend Christmas Eve with my mother's extended family, and then Christmas Day just sort of happens. We meet at someone's house, or travel to several houses. I always see my parents and sister/niece, and I try to see my brother and his kids.  No matter what, though, there are cookies.  It isn't Christmas unless I'm baking up a dozen kinds of cookies/candy.

8- If Teresa could have a perfect Christmas, what would it be like?

Peaceful. I think she'd like a day to spend with Gage and her teammates that didn't involve fear or danger. Maybe a morning opening gifts and eating cinnamon rolls, then a long, leisurely home-cooked dinner, with lots of laughter in between.

------------------

If it got you curious, here’s a bit more about Trance & Wrong Side of Dead

Kelly Meding’s war-ravaged Los Angeles is ground zero for the ultimate Meta human showdown in this sexy, action-packed new series.

Fifteen years ago, Teresa “Trance” West was a skilled telepath and a proud member of the Ranger Corps. But ever since the Rangers were inexplicably rendered powerless at the climax of the devastating Meta War, she’s bounced from one dead-end job to another. Now her powers have reappeared just as mysteriously as they vanished— only they’re completely transformed and more potent than ever. And they’re threatening to destroy her.

Trance heads to Los Angeles to track down the surviving Rangers and discover who restored her powers—and why—but a phantom enemy is determined to kill them before they can reassemble. As they dodge his deadly attacks and come to terms with their new role as heroes, Trance and the rest of the team set out to annihilate the sinister madman . . . only to discover their own powers are his greatest weapons.

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository

Monster hunter Evangeline Stone woke up on the wrong side of dead this morning—and now there’s hell to pay.

Barely recovered from her extended torture at the hands of mad scientist Walter Thackery, Evy can use a break. What she gets instead is a war, as the battered Triads that keep Dreg City safe find themselves under attack by half-Blood vampires who have somehow retained their reason, making them twice as lethal. Worse, the Halfies are joined by a breed of were-creature long believed extinct—back and more dangerous than ever. Meanwhile, Evy’s attempts at reconciliation with the man she loves take a hit after Wyatt is viciously assaulted—an attack traced to Thackery, who has not given up his quest to exterminate all vampires . . . even if he has to destroy Dreg City to do it. With Wyatt’s time running out, another threat emerges from the shadows and a staggering betrayal shatters the fragile alliance between the Triads, vampires, and shapeshifters, turning Evy’s world upside down forever.

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository


---------------------------

Kelly MedingA native of the Delaware seashore, Kelly Meding lives in Maryland, with a neurotic cat who occasionally meows at ghosts. Kelly received her Bachelor's Degree in Communication in 2002 and she hasn't used it since, preferring instead to wile away her non-writing hours on the sales floor of a national retail chain. After discovering Freddy Krueger at a very young age, Kelly began a lifelong obsession with horror, science fiction, and fantasy, on which she blames her interest in vampires, psychic powers, superheroes, and all things paranormal. When not writing, she can be found crafting jewelry, enjoying a good cup of coffee, or scouring the Internet for gossip on her favorite television shows. She is the author of the Dreg City series from Dell.

You can visit Kelly here

More of Kelly Meding‘s books:

Three Days to Dead (Dreg City,... As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2... Another Kind of Dead (Dreg Cit...

tyngasig_thumb2_thumb

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I *luvd* this book with all my lil heart. I've got the Dred Series and I'm a lil behind (only have read books 1 and 2)and I really loved those too! Kelly is one of my autobuy, fav authors! Looking forward to more from both series!

    Thanks for a fun/informative interview ;)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Trance on my wishlisht.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'd read Trance, but it doesn't sound familiar at all. Sometimes that happens, I see books prooted and see the covers so0 often, I forget I haven't read them. Must put this on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the interview, I really enjoyed reading it, and getting to know the stories behind your books. I have to admit, they are still on my wishlist instead of on my shelves, but they will get there. Promise.

    ReplyDelete