**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Stacking The Shelves [241]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


 Happy Saturday!  It's 2017, and I have not reformed my ways when it comes to books.... I'm still bringing home a TON of them!  I didn't even try to resolve to do better about that.  My only resolution was to try to make healthier eating choices.  How about you?  Did you make any resolutions or set any reading goals?  In 2016 I completed the PopSugar Reading Challenge, but only barely!  I have no set reading goals for 2017.  Here are the books that I've brought home since the last time I hosted Stacking the Shelves.  Join in the fun and leave your link below!


From My Aunt:  I have an awesome family, including an aunt who's just as bookish as me (if not more so).  She sent a whole package of books for me and the fam at Christmastime!  What a great start to the new year.  These are the grown-up ones:


Signing Their Lives Away Denise Kiernan


Signing Their Lives Away: The Fame and Misfortune of the Men Who Signed the Declaration of Independence by Denise Kiernan and Joseph d'Agnese


Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpugo


An Utterly Impartial History of Britain: Or 2000 Years of Upper Class Idiots in Charge by John O'Farrell


From the Book Sale at My Library:


Umney's Last Case Stephen King


Umney's Last Case by Stephen King.  The tiniest Stephen King book I've ever seen!  It's one of his short stories, bound alone.  You could put it in your pocket!


For School:  a new semester begins this upcoming week....


The Power of Reading Insights From the Research Stephen D. Krashen


The Power of Reading: Insights From the Research by Stephen D. Krashen


Reading Matters by Catherine Sheldrick Ross, Lynne (E.F.) McKechnie, and Paulette M. Rothbauer


From My Sister-in-Law:  this is a series of books to be shared by the whole family during Advent.  Can't wait to pull these back out next year and read with the boy!


Cootie McKay's Nativity Todd Wilson


The Bishop's Dream by Todd Wilson


Captain Chaos and the Manger Blaster! by Todd Wilson


Cootie McKay's Nativity by Todd Wilson


Gladys Remembers Christmas by Todd Wilson


Harold Grubbs and the Christmas Vest by Todd Wilson


The Stranger by Todd Wilson


From the Library:


V is for Vegetables Michael Anthony


V is for Vegetables: Inspired Recipes & Techniques for Home Cooks From Artichokes to Zucchini by Michael Anthony.  This cookbook is HUGE but also GORGEOUS with tons of full-color photographs.  I turn into Pavlov's dog just looking through it!


The General vs. the President: MacArthur and Truman at the Brink of Nuclear War by H.W. Brands.  I heard this author speak at an event and was really impressed.  This is just his latest book; the hubby is currently reading (and LOVING) an earlier book of his about Reagan.


Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  I'm loving this older series!  They're set in a fictional SC town that sounds a lot like a small SC town I used to live in, but with the addition of witches/magic.


Devil Sent the Rain by Lisa Turner.  I recently heard her speak at an event too, and got my interest piqued in her book.


Don't forget to add your link below!



 



Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

19 People left their mark' :

  1. Working on the Linksy... will have that up asap! Thank you for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Marie! Your new books are varied and look really interesting! I hope you'll enjoy them :) Family who understands the importance of books is the best!
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to have family who enjoys books as much as you do. That Stephen King book is something else. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one in my family likes books. They all think it's weird I only read English books (I'm from Belgium) but I guess that just makes me unique. ^_^

    Hope you'll enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You added a wide range of books this week. I see everything from cookbooks to history to fiction. I hope you enjoy all of these. Good luck with your 2017 resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm envious, I haven't received a bookish gift in years. I guess they figure I have enough! I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I set a few reading goals, but I decided not to set any personal resolutions this year. That single Stephen King book sounds adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great haul! Looks like you will have a lot of excellent new reads coming up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Lots of new reads there! Hope you enjoy them all!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, I am going to have to check out V is for Vegetables for my Foodie Book challenge. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really do have an awesome family - so many great books! I hope you write about An Utterly Impartial History of Britain: Or 2000 Years of Upper Class Idiots in Charge. It sounds very interesting!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your books! I am curious about that Stephen King book.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I totally get you (re: bringing home lots of books). Books are worth though, in my opinion. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely weekend, Marie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen that Stephen King story before. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first read out of that bunch would be the one about the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely late w/my coffee today. That one about England sounds good too. And I've read Devil Sent the Rain. Good book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. V is for Vegetables looks really good. I'll be checking to see if my library owns it. Thanks for sharing your haul. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't done one of these in a while. I'm so excited to share Bewitching Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete