**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"When I'm not writing..." with Stacey Kade

Stacey kade

Our guest today is the lovely Stacey Kade, author of the YA Ghost and the Goth series. She's also the brain behind the upcoming Project Paper Doll series, which debuts in April with THE RULES. She's graciously joined us today to talk about what keeps her busy when she's not working on her next novel so keep reading to see just what Stacey gets up to! [Photo credit: Vania Stoyanova]

 
 
 

WINW_logo

I tend to get a little edgy when I'm not working on something, even if it's just taking notes on a story idea. My husband will testify to this! :) So, it's rare to find me actually between projects.

But I'm a sucker for story in all forms, so after my daily word count is done or I've finished the latest round of copy edits, you'll usually find me searching through our Netflix queue or the programs we've recorded on our DVR.

I love to read, of course, too--I generally finish anywhere from 2-4 books a week--but at the end of a long day of writing, I lean more toward TV and movies.

My latest obsession is Friday Night Lights. (Yeah, I know, I'm a little late with that.) I blazed through all five seasons in about a month. I love the writing and characters so much! (I want to be Tami Taylor when I grow up...especially if Coach Taylor comes as part of the deal!)

I also have my current favorites: Vampire Diaries (Oh, Damon, you are sooo underappreciated!), The Walking Dead, Suits, Fringe, Falling Skies, Big Bang Theory, etc.

But my guilty pleasure is actually the History channel and H2. Ancient Aliens, Pawn Stars, Brad Meltzer's Decoded, How the States Got The Shapes, Area 51 specials...I could go on for hours. :) They are my go-to channels when I turn on the TV. My latest favorite--on the Travel channel this time--is Mysteries at the Museum, where they go to all these museums across the country and do little segments on the strange/gross/terrifying objects in the collection. Mummies! The ax head from Lizzie Borden's house! A plaster death cast of the original Siamese twins!

I call this "research" to make myself feel better. :D

Stacey Kade dogs

When I'm not reading or catching up on the latest Bigfoot "documentary," I'm outside walking with my friend, Dana. We bribe ourselves with a weekly McDonald's breakfast--shh, don't tell. Sometimes my dogs come along. (For the walk, not McDonald's.) I have two retired racing greyhounds, Tall Walker (Walker) and She Wears The Pants (Pansy). (Our beloved Joezooka passed away in June, sadly.)

On the weekends, when the husband is around more, we go to movies, out to dinner, or play Chicken Foot.

Hmm. It occurs to me now it would probably sound better if I said I went on ghost hunts in abandoned mental asylums or linked my computer to SETI's network so I could help search for extra-terrestrial life.

Yeah...um...not so much. :) Also, ghosts scare me. Have I mentioned that?

Oh, well. This is why I write books! :D Now, who wants to watch Season 1 of FNL with me...AGAIN? :) I'll bring the popcorn. I love you, Coach Taylor!

---------------------------------

Thanks for visiting us, Stacey!

For more information about Stacey and her books, check out her website or follow her on Twitter.

---------------------------------

Here's the scoop on THE RULES:

The Rules by Stacey Kade1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don’t get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans in a small Wisconsin town, to hide in plain sight at her high school from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository

You can also check out the Ghost and the Goth series:

Stacey Kade The Ghost and the GothStacey Kade Queen of the DeadStacey Kade Body and Soul

---------------------------------

Do you guys have suggestions for who you’d like to see featured on the blog? If so, you can make your suggestions on this page. No guarantees that your favorite authors will be able to participate but we’ll try!

Authors, would you like to visit and share with us? Please email me at jennblogs (at) gmail (dot) com and we’ll set it up!

Jenn

Born and raised in the Toronto area, Jenn moved to St. John's, Newfoundland, eight years ago for school. She's still in school (thankfully on another degree!), now trapped in her dissertation. When she's not dissertating, which happens more often than it should, Jenn spends her time reading, watching movies, playing volleyball, travelling, and enjoying the local music scene. Her latest addictions: yoga and Almond Crunch cereal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment