**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Daring You To Read… Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Daring you to read

Daring You To Read is a weekly feature here on Tynga’s Reviews where we dare you to read some of our favorite older releases (at least 6 months old). All the books/series we choose to feature are titles we adored and think you should give them a shot! We think it’s a super awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!

You’ve already read the book? Let’s us know what you thought!
You are accepting the dare? We’d love to know!
Have a dare of your own? Leave a comment ^^

Back in February, I posted my first review on Tynga’s Reviews and it was for CINDER by Marissa Meyer. I chose this book for my first review because I enjoyed it so much. As it happens, it’s one of my favorite YA book of 2012, so this week I’m daring you to read it.

I’ve always been a big fan of fairy tales, especially the ones depicted by Disney when I was growing up. My favorite will always remain Beauty and the Beast, but Cinderella holds a special place in my heart. When I first heard about CINDER, I knew right away that I would need to read it. What really caught my attention however, was the mix of the famous fairy tale with a futuristic world. Cinder is actually part machine with many body parts that have been replaced by artificial limbs and augmented technology. The reason for this is explained throughout the book but the fact remains these augmented parts make her quite unique.

CINDER is fortunately not entirely based on the fairy tale. Marissa Meyer has simply augmented her own story with Cinderella’s. The other novels in the series are supposed to follow the same theme. For example, SCARLET will be based on the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale. This sequel will be released in early 2013 and I’m highly anticipating this one!

Here’s more information on CINDER:

cinderHumans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl…

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

Read my review

Read an Excerpt

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository

So, what do will you do? Will you take the dare?

0stephsig

8 People left their mark' :

  1. I actually just bought this one recently because of so many people enjoying it. I've been wanting to read more retellings and see how the authors do it, how close they are to the original and how unique they twist the story. Reading this is making me bump the book higher up to be read next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've bumped it up because of my post! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I think this was my first sci-fi retelling of Cinderella and what a great one it was! I join you in encouraging others to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any other Cinderella retellings, but I agree with you. It's a great one!

      Delete
  3. Well, I have this book in my room! Haven't gotten to it yet, but just may have to move it up on the TBR list to take the dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved this book but I wanted to hurl it across the room when I found out Scarlet was about Red Riding Hood. That's great and all, should be an interesting read, but I need to know what happens to the characters in Cinder!!!

    I'm assuming the different characters from each book will eventually meet up or something, if not, my head may explode from the waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the characters from Scarlet will be meeting up with Cinder at the end of the book. Don't stress! I'm sure Marissa Meyer is not done with Cinder and Prince Kai!

      Delete