**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Daring You to Read… Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder

0daringyou_thumb[2]

Daring You To Read is a weekly feature here on Tynga’s Reviews where we dare you to read some of our favorite older releases (at least 6 months old). All the books/series we choose to feature are titles we adored and think you should give them a shot! We think it’s a super awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!

You’ve already read the book? Let’s us know what you thought!
You are accepting the dare? We’d love to know!
Have a dare of your own? Leave a comment ^^

This week I am daring you to read the first book in a series from an author I adored: Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder

Touch of Power is set in a world with medieval ways and a select few people with Magical skills, Maria laid the table for an epic adventure. I was completely engrossed by the dangerous atmosphere, with its characters trying to avoid ambushes from powerful enemies to reach a very specific goal. In fact, I was so compelled I read the whole book in one sitting, which is a rare feat for me.

The whole concept is amazing and every character is unique. You will enjoy loving or hating each one of them and if you’re like me, you’ll die for the next book to come out!

More about Touch of Power:

Touch of Power (Healer, #1)Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan absorbs their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Fifteen Realms, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life...

Read my review

Purchase: Amazon | Book Depository

So, will you take the dare?

tynsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

10 People left their mark' :

  1. I listened to this on audiobook and I loved it! Everything I have read by Maria V. Snyder has been great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I bet the audio was amazing :)

      Delete
  2. I've already read this and also encourage everyone to give this a shot-really awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Touch of Power. I read it in one sitting, too. That's how good it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is lovely. I think I would buy the book for the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about this author and book. I am looking for something good on audio. Maybe I'll give that format a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I'm glad you enjoyed it though (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take the dare! I've read all Maria V. Snyder's other series', but haven't got around to this one yet. I'll give it a go this week, and see if I enjoy it as much as the Study series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big MVS fan and I agree, Touch of Power is a great book! Go read it everyone!

    ReplyDelete