**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

Book Stats:  

Reading level: Adult
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Hardcover: 371 pages
Publisher: Ace Books
Release date: March 7th 2017

Series:  Mercy Thompson #10

Source: 

Reviewed by: 

Order: Amazon | Book Depository

In the #1 New York Times bestselling Mercy Thompson novels, the coyote shapeshifter has found her voice in the werewolf pack. But when Mercy's bond with the pack and her mate is broken, she'll learn what it truly means to be alone...

Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe...

Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...
For once, Mercy was minding her own business, heading to the convenience store, a necessary step to feed chocolate chip cookies to a horde of video game playing werewolves, when she got caught in a near-deadly kidnapping plot. Unconscious and very badly injured, she was hauled all the way across the Atlantic ocean, in Italy, far from everyone she knows and cut off from her pack bound. How will she get out of this one alive?

The Mercy Thompson series has been one of my favorite for years and I am happy to say this novel did not disappoint. It actually made me fall in love all over again with my favorite characters! As much as I love my heroines getting the guy of their dream along a book series, couple lives can get a bit dull around the corners so I was very happy that I would get to see Mercy, and Adam, on their own in this novel. There is just this special and desperate energy going on when you are facing extremely dangerous situations by yourself and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Mercy's determination, resourcefulness, and surviving skills were at the fore-front and I truly enjoyed it. I loved her spunk and the way she built on her coyote skills in this novel. On the other hand, I loved how Adam was forced to let Mercy deal with things on her own and how he had to develop his negotiating skills in a dire situation. Honey, a character I wasn't a fan off in the past, also happily surprised me. I did not expect it from her, but she really rose to the challenge.

This novel has a very special time-line and you have to pay close attention if you don't want to be confused. Add to it narration alternating between Mercy, Adam and other important characters and you have a recipe for chaos (if you don't follow along!) or sheer genius (if you pay close attention lol). Briggs really took her story-telling skills up a notch in this installment, and I'll tell you off the bat she threw one spectacular curve-ball that made me want to re-read the novel as soon as possible.

I don't think I could ever tire of these characters and it's a shame we have to wait so long between installments. I'm already super impatient for the next novel to release! If you haven't picked up this series yet, I urge you to start with the first novel, Moon Called, and I am sure you will crave for more!

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

3 People left their mark' :

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review. I saw this book this evening at B&N and I wasn't sure if it could be read as a stand alone, I didn't read any previous in the series... I didn't purchase it. I'm happy to come across your review and I will definitely add the first book to my TBR shelf.. Happy Reading ~ Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wont be disappointed :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete