**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Stacking The Shelves [213]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


 Happy Saturday!!  June... summer is here in full force!  Where I live, the temperatures are going into triple digits this weekend.  WHOA.  Being a library worker, I'd like to take a moment for a shameless plug for all your local libraries:  go check out their summer reading programs!  Many have gotten pretty easy, with online tracking of reading, and really fun, with activities counting toward your prize goals.  My little one is only seven weeks, but we've been going to Baby Storytimes at the local library!  I'm currently reading both Storm Warning by Billy Graham (overdue from the library) and Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (a book I've owned for three years but never read)... and I still keep picking up new books!  No matter how far "behind" I get on my to-read stack, I just can't seem to resist!  How about you?  What have you brought home lately?  What are you reading now?  Click on the link below to join the fun!  But first, here's what I've been bringing home...


Little Paris Bookshop Nina GeorgeComplete and Authoritative Guide Caring for Your Baby and Young Child Birth to Age 5 Steven Shelov Tanya Remer Altmann


I got two new, finished-copy books this week, and both for free!  The publisher sent me The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George in exchange for my fair and honest review (which I'll post on my other blog in the future) and The Complete and Authoritative Guide: Caring for Your Baby and Young Child Birth to Age 5 by Steven P. Shelov and Tanya Remer Altmann.  That one is HUGE!  Over 900 pages... I could use it as a doorstop if I decide it's too big (intimidating) to read!  lol


Nursing Mother's Companion Kathleen HugginsSigning Their Lives Away Denise KiernanNight Circus Erin MorgensternGolden Spruce Vaillant


And of course I've continued to collect library books (even while I have one overdue currently)!  The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins was recommended to me by my cousin/lactation consultant.  I know nothing about it, but she said it'd be a good reference to have on hand.  Then my aunt recommended Signing Their Lives Away: The Fame and Misfortune of the Men Who Signed the Declaration of Independence by Denise Kiernan and Joseph D'Agnese (probably because I majored in Revolutionary American History in college), The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (I know- totally shameful that I haven't read this yet- I only hear good things about it), and The Golden Spruce: A True Story of Myth, Madness, and Greed by John Vaillant (I know nothing about this one, but I totally trust my aunt's recommendations- they've always been great).


And to conclude this post... a pic of the little one at his first Storytime!  He was totally into it.  :)


Baby Storytime


[inlinkz_linkup id=640379]


Marie

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

23 People left their mark' :

  1. Oh your little one is so, so cute, Marie! I love that you've already taken him to story time :)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I used to love to bringing my daughters to the library. They really do have some excellent programs. I love everything about the library. Great haul this week! I still need to read The Night Circus and hope to get to it someday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! He's so cute!! Looks like he's enjoying his first story!! ;)

    Hope you enjoy your new reads too!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of you and little one. I understand about how the TBR pile just keeps growing. Like you I just keep buying and hope to get around to reading soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! What a cutie! Storytime is a favorite in this house, too! (And at the library, of course!)
    I ended up with two copies of that 900 page book! It's definitely big enough to use as a doorstop. And helpful, too!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable photo of you and baby....and it sounds like a good summer ahead. The Little Paris Bookshop looks tempting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new baby is so cute. I hope you love The Night Circus. Great stack of books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby is so precious! I just finished an audio book version of The Little Paris Bookshop and loved it. have a restful week of summer bliss with your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had The Night Circus on my shelf for YEARS. I really need to get to it at some point lol

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Storytime is always a good activity for all ages ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet picture of you two <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little guy is so adorable! I love your new books this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of Baby Storytimes!
    The Night Circus is one I hope to check out from my library at some point. I hope you really enjoy it. The Little Paris Bookshop is one I had my eye on and might look into it more next year. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there!
    If you are breastfeeding, you WILL USE the Nursing book, guaranteed! There are doctors out there that are NOT into women nursing, and if you are doing it, this will come in VERY handy if you ever come across one of those Dr's like I did who was AGAINST it! Yes! Unbelievable, huh! You are VERY LUCKY, though, to have a lactation consultant IN the family!! You have a BEAUTIFUL baby there!! Enjoy EVERY second because the time just FLIES BY! Mine are now 23 and 18! OLD!!! LOL!
    Thanks!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww! Love your little guy...he's so cute! And very nice haul! Happy reading! Visitors to my blog are always welcome(so are followers!), so stop by and see my StS here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pic. That's fantastic that you are taking your little one to the library:-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute baby :-) I loved the Nursing Mother's Companion. It was very useful to me. I nursed both of my kids. I hope it'll be helpful to you. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katherine Stephens12 June 2016 at 10:22

    Your baby is so cute. I am currently reading "The True Story of Baker and Taylor: the library cats who left their pawprints on a small town ...and the world".

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our temps are getting into the three digits too. I hate this part of summer. :-( Looks like storytime was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great books :) I have nursed two kids and The Nursing Mother's Companion would have been good to have. Hope it works well for you. Have a great wek :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read the The Night Circus either but I really want to! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete