**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Stacking The Shelves [133]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Hello, all!  Marie here with another great Stacking the Shelves.  Want to join the fun?  Clink on the linksy below and add your blog to our stack!


I was so proud of myself:  I went to two different bookstores this week, beginning Christmas shopping, and managed to resist buying any books for myself!  This is a good thing:  our bookshelves are getting very, very full!  But you'll see below that I definitely am still taking advantage of my local library, and accepting books for review from publishers.


Egalleys & ARCs for Review:


Witches of Echo Park Lost & Found Gnarr! Unleashed Amber Benson Brooke Davis Jon Gnarr Sophie Jordan


The Witches of Echo Park by Amber Benson: I don't know much about this one, but I love, love, love that cover!  The colors!


Lost & Found by Brooke Davis: Another one that I don't know much about, but the cover drew me in.  It's a redhead (like me!), and her silhouette is cut from the page of a book.  Looks perfect for me!


Gnarr! How I Became the Mayor of a Large City in Iceland and Changed the World by Jon Gnarr: This looks hilarious and thought-provoking all in one.  Also, my mom really wants to visit Iceland some day for some reason, so I plan to hand this one over to her after I read it!


Unleashed by Sophie Jordan: I really, really like Uninvited and am excited to find out what happens next!


Finished Copies for Review:


Treadmill Warren Adler Proof of Angels Mary Curran Hackett The Martian Andy Weir


Treadmill by Warren Adler: I recently read and LOVED Trans-Siberian Express, and was super-excited when the publisher reached out to me to review Treadmill next.  One or both of these books might just be Christmas gifts for Dad this year...


Proof of Angels by Mary Curran Hackett: I've actually already read this one, and it'll be reviewed on my other blog soon.  It wasn't a terrible book; just not my cup of tea.


The Martian by Andy Weir: I've heard nothing but praise for this one!  Also, I'm participating in a Bookish Bingo game on my other blog and this will fulfill the "Orange Cover" square.  ;)


Library:


Loop Karen Akins Compulsion Martina Boone Hunt for Jade Dragon Richard Paul Evans Zentangle Untangled Kass Hall Unbroken Hillenbrand Make & Give Steph Hung Erin Jang U2 John Jobling Orphan Train Christina Baker Kline One Zentangle a Day Beckah Krahula The Beauty of Zentangle Suzanne McNeill Cindy Shepard Joy of Zentangle Suzanne McNeill Sandy Steen Bartholomew Marie Browning The Big Book of Sides Rick Rodgers Running the Books Avi Steinberg Artful Christmas Susan Wasinger Mint Juleps With Teddy Roosevelt Mark Will-Weber


(It's really hard to not keep bringing home books when they're free at the library....)


Loop by Karen Akins: I helped write the Paranorm'All Hallows Eve guest post with Karen Akins, and reading about her got me really interested in trying her book.


Compulsion by Martina Boone: I hosted seven YA authors at a library event a week ago, and Martina Boone was one of them.  I had hoped to read all the authors' latest books before the event, but alas, I didn't get to Compulsion in time.  I still plan to, though!


Hunt for Jade Dragon by Richard Paul Evans: This is Book #3 in the Michael Vey series, which I'm loving.  I got this one on CD to listen to during my commute.


Zentangle Untangled: Inspiration and Prompts for Meditative Drawing by Kass Hall: You're going to see 4 books on zentangling in my stack today.  I did a teen program on the art form and it was a huge hit!  If you haven't zentangled before, you should look it up and give it a try.  I'm not very talented when it comes to drawing, and even I can zentangle!


Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand:  My sister-in-law recommended this one, and the hubby and I both plan to read it before we see the movie.


Make & Give: Simple and Modern Crafts to Brighten Every Day by Steph Hung with Erin Jang: Hoping to find Christmas gift inspiration!


U2: The Definitive Biography by John Jobling: The hubby is a HUGE U2 fan.  I want to read this so that I converse with him intelligently.  ;)


Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline: Both my mom and my sister-in-law recommended this one!  Double recommendation makes this a must-read-now book.


One Zentangle a Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun by Beckah Krahula: Zentangling for Work Book #2.


The Beauty of Zentangle: Inspirational Examples From 137 Tangle Artists Worldwide by Suzanne McNeill with Cindy Shepard: Zentangling for Work Book #3.


Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being by Suzanne McNeill with Sandy Steen Bartholomew and Marie Browning: Zentangling for Work Book #4.


The Big Book of Sides: More Than 450 Recipes for the Best Vegetables, Grains, Salads, Breads, Sauces, and More  by Rick Rodgers: I'll look through this, but I'm not super excited.  There are practically no pictures!  I like pictures in my cookbooks, so that I know if I'm doing it right.


Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian by Avi Steinberg:  I'm a sucker for off-beat memoirs!  Also, I work in a traditional public library and I love the show Orange is the New Black... so many reasons for this to be a good book for me!


Artful Christmas: 30 Elegant Craft Projects by Susan Wasinger: Looking for Christmas decor inspiration!  (Yes, I know... Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet...)


Mint Juleps With Teddy Roosevelt: The Complete History of Presidential Drinking by Mark Will-Weber: I love history, I love learning about the Presidents, and I love cocktail time.  Win, win, win!


What about you?  What books did you receive this week?  Click the link below to join in the fun!


Marie


[inlinkz_linkup id=466578]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

13 People left their mark' :

  1. OOOh nice! Very envious of Unleashed! Soooo can't wait to read that one!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored The Martian; I hope you will as well. I was impressed at the large number of books you brought home from the library. I rarely check out more than one or two -- I couldn't finish with them before the due date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about Unleashed too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Compulsion at my local Walmart the other day but haven't heard anything about it yet! Usually it's all well-known books that I see there! So I'm interested in finding out more about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Unleashed! Lucky you! That's a nice haul, too. I'm looking forward to reading The Martian, I've heard so much about it. Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of Unleashed and your whole haul really. Happy reading.

    here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lost and Found cover catches my eye too - curious about its innards. I want to read The Martian as I've been hearing lots of good things about it. Happy reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loop and Compulsion both sound great. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep promising myself to get The Martian but, always get side-tracked. I heard some really good things about it on the Sword and Laser podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you Mother on Iceland. It is on my list too. Great group if books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. I wish I had your control. I stumbled across a library book sale this past week and wound up purchasing books because they were cheap. HaHa.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous of Unleashed! Did you get an ARC, or can I go searching for an e-galley? :-) Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh - I loved Uninvited as well and I am so excited for Unleashed to come out! And I totally approve of the U2 bio. I love them so much. I read one many years ago that was about the making of Achtung Baby and it was surprisingly funny as well. Enjoy all your books! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete