**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

I hereby declare All Our Yesterdays my favorite-book-that-came-out-in-2013-that-I-was-too-lazy-to-get-to-until-2014! I have no idea why it took me so long to read this one, since it was downright full of awesome. I am pretty critical of time travel books - it's quite an undertaking, and you better be up to the challenge of answering questions about paradoxes and possible futures if you're going to attempt it. And let me tell you, Cristin Terrill pulled this off as flawlessly and with as much flair as I've ever read. The time travel parts were absolutely fascinating.

All Our Yesterdays follows Em and Finn in the present day, as well as in their past timelines until the two ultimately collide. Em finds a note she has written to herself from the future - she has traveled to the past multiple times to try to stop the time machine from being built and destroying the world. Everything she has tried to make it stop has been a disaster, and there's only one option left that she hasn't tried yet. An option she's not sure she can execute.  I can't even count the number of times my heart was just about racing out of my chest while reading. The struggles that Em and Finn have to face as they try to prevent something terrible happening are engrossing, and you'll be tempted to stay up all night to finish in one sitting.

These characters are my new best friends. Or I totally wish that they were. After reading this book, they felt as real to me as any of my others. They jump of the page in complex, exciting ways. I miss them already. I loved how Terrill told the story from both Em and Marina's point of view - highlighting just how much circumstances change you.

I've never read a book that I felt more well-plotted and mind-bending than I found All Our Yesterdays. If you're in the market for an exciting, incredible, surprising read - definitely pick this one up as soon as you can!

helen_thumb-25255B1-25255D

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

3 People left their mark' :

  1. Yay I'm glad to hear that this one was so amazing. I just picked it up for my boyfriend to read and I didn't know if he would like it but it sounds like an amazing story.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading this! I skimmed your review. I am not even halfway, but I am loving it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree. A time travel book has to be well done, I am quite skeptical usually. All our Yesterdays definitely loved up to it! I was on the edge of my seat the whole story and just keeping up with the crazy story telling format!

    ReplyDelete