**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Stacking The Shelves

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


 Y'all!  It has been so long since I've hosted Stacking the Shelves.  I have so many books in my stack!  Don't worry- I won't make this post miles long; I'll list many of them and only highlight a few.


It's the holiday season!  It got suddenly very cold here where I live yesterday, and that just makes it feel all the more Christmas-y.  :)  We also just got back from a vacay with our boy- we went to see the Biltmore House all decked out in Christmas cheer- and so my little family is in full-on Christmas spirit now.  How about y'all?  Are you celebrating a holiday this month?  Are you ready?  Are you eating so much?  lol  And what books are on your wish list?


First, a sorta-Santa pic of the boy.  I can't resist sharing.


Joe with Santa


Now, the ARCs:  I got The Book Jumper by Mechthild Glaser at a work function, and The Playbook by Kwame Alexander from a work mentor.  I picked up The Book Jumper based entirely on it's cover (which I know you're not supposed to do, but I do all the time) and my work mentor gave me The Playbook when she saw me reading Booked.


The Playbook Kwame Alexander


And new books!  The giving season has begun, and I love love love finding packages in my mailbox shaped like books.  :)  Coworkers gave me Kendra by Coe Booth, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and  David Levithan, and 37 Things I Love (in No Particular Order) by Kekla Magoon.  A local church was giving out free copies of The Hero of Hacksaw Ridge one day at the town's main intersection.  My aunt sent me Christmas Hearts by Tim Roehl.  And I participated in a Secret Santa exchange via The Broke and the Bookish blog, and received Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, Spot's First Walk, and Llama Llama Jingle Bells.  (The last two are board books for me to share with the boy, of course.)


Llama Llama Jingle Bells Anna Dewdney Christmas Hearts Tim Roehl


And finally, the library.  Ohmygoodness.... I have an addiction.  Thank goodness library books are free (when returned on time)!  Rich and Pretty by Rumaan Alam, Booked by Kwame Alexander, Reagan: The Life by H.W. Brands, Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary, Ramona and Her Father by Beverly Cleary, Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary, Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary, Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary, Ramona Forever by Beverly Cleary, Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary, Ramona's World by Beverly Cleary, Animals That Make Me Say Ewww! by Dawn Cusick, Animal Tongues by Dawn Cusick, Get the Scoop on Animal Poop! by Dawn Cusick, Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio, Let Them Eat Dirt by B. Brett Finlay and Marie-Claire Arrieta, March: Book One by John Lewis, Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas, The Group by Mary McCarthy, The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige, and The Red Bandanna by Tom Rinaldi.


Ramona Quimby Audio Collection Beverly Cleary


And what about you?  What did you bring home this week?  Leave your link!


[inlinkz_linkup id=685169]

Marie

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

13 People left their mark' :

  1. That picture is made of cuteness, Marie, thanks for sharing!!
    Your haul is awesome, I hope you're enjoying all your new books :)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice ones! Totally new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures of the baby. Christmas is in full swing. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see Biltmore House at Christmas. Maybe someday. It is quite a long trip (2 days) for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun collection of books you got this week!

    I have never read the Ramona books, but I want to read them with my kids sometime. I've heard such great things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much cuteness in that adorable boy! Thanks for sharing...and those Ramona books take me back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramona series is a fun one indeed! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby boy is adorable and your library haul is amazing. I get most of my titles from Overdrive and they limit me which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, cute photo. I hope you enjoy your new books! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's such a cutie. Happy holidays to everyone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great Santa picture! You got some good books. I'm interested in the Book Jumper myself. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://bookishisland.blogspot.com/2016/12/stacking-shelves-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. تعتبر مؤسسة نقل العفش بنجران من المؤسسات الفريدة العاملة على تقديم جميع الخدمات المهمة والمميزة لجميع الزبائن، وهي تملك أمهر العمال والفنيين الذين يقومون بنقل العفش من موضع إلى مقر أخر بلا المساس به والحفاظ عليه من الخدش والكسر وذلك ما يجعله نقي ومميز، وايضاً يتم نقل جميع المدخرات الثقيلة والحفاظ عليها لأنها من الأشياء المتميزة عند الزبون لهذا يتم استخدام الكثير من الأدوات المتميزة والخاصة برفع جميع العفش من مقر إلى مقر أخر وخصوصا من شقة إلى شقة أخرى.

    شركة نقل عفش
    شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الامارات

    شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف

    ReplyDelete