**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [166]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Happy Fourth of July!  I'll be joining millions of Americans in barbecuing, hanging out with friends and family, and then watching some fireworks.   And it's a day off work!  While I love "my" teens at the library, it's also nice to have a day off, you know?  Speaking of work... a shout out to all the summer librarians out there!  Where I am, we're in it to the elbows (at least!) with all kinds of Summer Reading fun, and I know we're not alone.  So here's a toast to everyone out there planning & leading summer library programs!


Ya'll are probably getting used to my rather long lists when it's my turn to host; it's very hard to work in a library and not bring home all the books.  I think I kept my book stack to a reasonable level this time!  It's been about a month since my last hosting, and I only have two new purchases and seven library loans.


Wrath Dawn Renee Ahdieh Fireflies Book Brett Ortler


Purchased:


The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh:  In June, I hosted Renee Ahdieh, Carrie Ryan, and Brendan Reichs at my library.  It was such a fun evening!  As the authors talked about their books, this one really caught my eye as one to have.


The Fireflies Book by Brett Ortler:  Also in June, I went on a camping trip with some family and friends to see a special fireflies spectacle in the Great Smoky Mountains.  There's this phenomenon that only happens in this one place at this one time of the year:  thousands of fireflies all blinking in unison!  I don't have words for how cool this experience was.  Whenever a gift shop presents itself to me, I have to find a book for more information on the place I'm visiting!


Mug Meals Dina Cheney Orthodoxy GK Chesterton Nightingale Kristin Hannah Red Jacky Collis Harvey New Moon Stephenie Meyer Daughter of Deep Silence Carrie Ryan Nimona Noelle Stevenson


Library:


Mug Meals by Dina Cheney:  Once a month I do a cooking program at my library, and I'm thinking some of these would be fun to try with the teens!


Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton:  This one came from a recommendation, but it looks pretty information-dense.  Might take me a little bit to get around to.


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah:  Another one from recommendation!  On my personal blog, I'm doing the PopSugar Reading Challenge, and I needed "a book that made you cry."  This one came with the recommendation for potential to fulfill that!


Red: A History of the Redhead by Jacky Collis Harvey:  Does this one need explanation?  ;)


New Moon by Stephenie Meyer:  Despite all the hype years back, I never read this series.  I'm doing it on audiobook during the commute, and the reader was really good.


Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan:  As I mentioned above, I met the author last month.  I was able to try her book out through my library.


Nimona by Noelle Stevenson:  Another recommendation!  One character on the front cover is a redhead, so that's a good sign.  ;)


What about you?  What did you bring home this week?  Leave a link below by clicking on the link-up or leaving a comment.


[inlinkz_linkup id=541384]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

27 People left their mark' :

  1. Nice haul this week, Marie! And it's nice that you got some books from the library as well! I hope you'll enjoy your new books.

    I can't find a linky, but here's my Stacking the Shelves post for this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great selection. I've heard great reviews about Daughter of Deep Silence. I enjoyed the Twilight series I hope you do too.

    Here is my link to my Staking the Shelves post

    http://www.danielaark.com/books-books-books-and-more-0-99-freebies-reviews-giveaways-and-much-more-13/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the twilight series and I hope you enjoy the books. Great haul! I can't find the linky btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great haul! It's been a while since I've gone to the library and taken out some books. Enjoy!
    I can't find the link up :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. She forgot to join the code hehe, fixed it now

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably could not get in my house for the books if I still worked in a library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your stack! I'm curious about A History of the Redhead. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie I am so envious of your job! Not to mention it seems to be a fantastic library that hosts amazing Authors, so definitely double envy LOL I don't work at the library and I've got a whole bookshelf, double row and I still manage to bring home new releases from the library :(

    I've been looking forward to reading The Wrath & The Dawn but my recent library acquisition was All the Bright Places and A Court of Thorns & Roses.

    My STS

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plan to get The Wrath and The Dawn soon, too. I've seen only a handful of fireflies at one time and event then they are spectacular. I was surpassed how slow moving they were and how you could easily catch one. Mug Meals looks interesting as the hunt for interesting recipes are always on. Happy reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Marie -- have you ever heard of the Queen Kumquat Sashay in Orlando? It was a parade of sorts. The queen of the parade was selected from the crowd, the only requirement being "kumquat-colored tresses (red hair), either natural or from a bottle." Sadly, the Queen Kumquat Sashay is no more.

    Only seven books borrowed from the library in a month? Remarkable restraint there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've really been wanting to read The Wrath & The Dawn! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Reads today for you. I am really wanting to read The Wrath and the Dawn because of the amazing reviews coming in.

    My StS is not as diverse as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul. I have The Wrath and the Dawn sitting on my shelf. I can’t wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still really liked the Twilight books. I also can't wait for The Daughter of Deep Silence. It's on the waitlist at my library, so I have to be patient. Great picks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read the Twilight books yet, either.

    Happy reading...er...listening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul of books Marie. Heard Good things about The Wrath and The Dawn. I hope you love all of em.

    Grace @Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh nice! I still need to read The Wrath and the Dawn myself! Lots of new reads to me otherwise! Hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes The Nightingale will make you cry. I actually sobbed. At several points (but I am a crier). I really want to read the Wrath and the Dawn - Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved The Wrath and the Dawn (I also borrowed it from my local library). I need to read Daughter of deep Silence. Great haul! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had a great 4th.

    Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul! I love the sound of Red! Have you read The Roots of Desire: The Myth, Meaning and Sexual Power of Red Hair by Marion Roach? It's brilliant! Looks at the myths and the history, but also really digs into the genetics. Really fascinating book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The CEO of the chain bookstore I work for highly recommended The Nightingale! I hope you enjoy these beautiful reads ;P

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really liked the Twilight books and thought Ilyana Kadushin did a wonderful job narrating the story. I'll have to check out Red: A History of the Redhead. It's almost a must considering the Scottish side of my heritage(and my mother's original hair color).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great haul! I get in trouble at the library as well. I am a volunteer ans often checking books in/out or shelving books so it is so easy to see books that catch my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nimona! I recently read that, it's a lot of fun. I need to get round to The Wrath and the Dawn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need the Wrath and the Dawn so bad!!!! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete